The 5 Features that would Wyze Cam V2 Unstoppable
The Wyze Cam V2 is a really great inexpensive security camera that only costs $20. It does a lot of things right (check out my Wyze Cam V2 Five Things I Love blog) but that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for improvement that the Wuze Cam V2 could make that could truly push it over the top.
Here are the top 5 features missing from the Wyze Cam V2
- Web Interface: The only place you can view your video footage and settings is within the Wyze Cam App. (You can also view it within TinyCam Pro App) I’d love to view my video footage via a internet browser from my PC. One of the things I love most about Arlo and Nest Cam is that you can view your cams footage and settings directly from a web browser. This feature could easily be added for Wyze Cam.
- Thumbnails in Notifications: When you’re looking through your notifications in the Wyze Cam App you don’t get a thumbnail preview before clicking into it. I’d love that feature to be added to the app so I can decide if it’s worth clicking into the video clip or not by seeing a thumbnail image of what happened.
- Two-Step Authentication: This is a must needed feature for all security cameras because you’re literally allowing a camera to record and view your living room, baby room, bedroom, kitchen or other private room. Adding a layer of security such as two-step authentication that when logging into a device would require a SMS text code even if you know the password is a safety feature that’s much needed.
- Download Video Clips Button: The Wyze Cam App needs a dedicated download button to easily download any video clip and save it to your phone. They do have a share button but that’s more to send it somewhere rather than saving it locally.
- Video Clip Length: I love that Wyze Cam gives us 14 days of cloud storage for free. The problem is that the clips are only 12 seconds long. I’d love to have 7 days cloud storage and the ability to have 30 seconds or even 1 minute clips. 12 seconds is decent but its always better to capture more than less.
Which features do you feel are missing from the Wyze Cam V2?